Sunday, December 23, 2007

We are here in Bakersfield, got in last Monday, and the weather is cold, I need my Florida weather.Haven't even been here a week and already my tan is gone. We have just been hanging out all week, finishing up Christmas shopping and visiting with Kim and Danny.
Yesterday was my surprise birthday party but it wasn't a surprise, of course I found out, they just don't know how to surprise me. All though, I must say, Kim and Danny did give Dave and I a BIG surprise when we got here, Kim is pregnant 10 weeks now. They told us Monday night, right before she left for her 1st night shift,7pm to 7am. I think my jaw was still hanging to the ground when she left, she thought we were mad, no just in shock. Not only was I turning 50 the next day, now I was going to be 50 and a grandma, no I'm too young for this, boy talk about getting old, all in one day. We are very happy for them, and us, and everyone else involved in this, Danny's parents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, ect. It is going to be a great addition to the family.
Then Dave and I started thinking and talking about how does this effect our travels? We both agreed our travels will be put on hold for the next couple years, we want to be here to help out with what we can. We started looking around at houses but we are leaning towards a mobile home, double wide, like what my parents lived in. We are looking for very cheap, but in a nice area, we don't plan on staying in Bakersfield we still plan on going to Arizona but just not right now.
Back to my surprise party, once the family was all here we then had to manage to get them all in one room so we could tell them the news. Dave and I were not allowed to tell anyone until the majority of the family was told. Anyway, the only way to get the family or just anyone at a party together in one room is to start the food line, that always works. Once everyone was in the kitchen/dining room Kim and Danny wanted me to tell everyone, I started off with a little story, boy was I nervous, and when I got to the part about Danny wanting me to talk to Kim's belly, everyone knew, and the tears starting rolling down faces, I didn't even get to finish my story. Everyone was hugging them and congratulating them, the party really started going then. It was a lot of fun having everyone together and sharing the news with them, Kim and Danny were at first going to wait until Christmas Day to tell everyone, but none of us could hold in that good news any longer.
Danny's sister, Bibiana, had made me a birthday cake with a motor home decorated on it, cute picture and great tasting cake, I swear she should go into the baking business. When the cake was brought out we all then remembered it was my birthday party, not the Kim and Danny baby party, just kidding.
Caught up on my blog again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday and congratulations Grandma! We are all very excited for Kim and Danny. Gives us another reason to make a trip to CA this next year. Although Bakersfield in the summer.... I am not sure that is a vacation! :)