Thursday, June 03, 2010

May 29th - June 3rd

5/29
Went to the Farmer's Market and Costco in the morning.
Work was busy, after all week long when it had been slow. My ride, Red Barons, had some really heavy kids and after helping a few I finally had their parents come in and lift their kids, getting to old to lift those heifers.
I had 1 girl in the front of the plane and her little brother in back. After the ride ended her brother wanted off and she wanted to stay. Since, at that time, I had enough planes to cover what kids were in line I let her stay. When I started the ride I heard this scream and crying, I thought it was on the Space Shot, then realized it was the girl so I hit the stop button. I went running over to her and so did her mom, her leg was out straight and I was asking her what was wrong. All she kept saying is I want my mom, I unlocked her seat belt and her mom took her out. I asked what was wrong, when they walked by me and her mom said she had a spider on her leg, I didn't see anything, but her mom said she is scared to death of spiders. Boy, sure made my heart skip a beat and added some more new gray hairs to my head.
Dave said his day was busy, they had the people who took the stupid pills that day. When the people were told to get off and step to the left, they just step to the right, they kept having to stop the ride, which gets very old for them. Plus, not to mention the toll it takes on your shoulders, the sky ride is very hard work.
5/30
Sunday we got our new ride assignment for the following week, Monday through Sunday. I was going to the Underground, a very dark, old mining story about Bad Bob, not a fast ride just up and down in the dark. Dave was going to the Convoy, which is a little kids ride that has 6 very small big rigs that go around the circle 4 times. Parents can sit on top of the big rig if they want, boring.
Anyway, Sunday's work day was busy again and by the end of the day, which was at 9pm a very long day, Dave had had enough, he was ready to quit. His shoulders were killing him, the arthritis was so bad and he was really hurting. I messaged his shoulders which helped, and I kept telling him tomorrow on the kids ride you will get a break.
5/31
We started our new rides, it was a pretty slow day for a 3 day weekend, very surprised. It was nice because we had time to learn our new rides. Not like it took Dave long to learn to run the kids truck ride and it didn't take me long to learn to assist on the Underground.
6/1
Talk about another slow day, on my ride we have 2 assist's and 1 operator, the ride office called our operator and said the assist's have to relieve each other for our breaks. So I'm on the operator's side, so when I leave he/she does the unloading by him/herself. When I cover for the other side they still have to cover the unloading side. Really no big deal it was very slow.
Dave, was of course very slow, he is on a little kids ride.We started work at 2pm, he was given his break at 3:30pm for 1/2 hour, and then had to work until 7pm, on a very slow day. When I walked by him, he was at the end of his break and was very unhappy. I said give it awhile, this is only the 2nd . We ended up closing 10 min. early because we had one hell of a thunder/tornado storm going through where we were.
6/2
Wednesday, another slow day, nothing to report.
6/3
Yea! our day off. In the morning we went and picked up our fixed awning's, that go over our slides, then went into the amusement park. I must say they have some different rides that we have never been on before. They were great rides too, Disney and Magic Mountain need to add them, a lot of fun.
Talked to Kim and Madison on Skype this afternoon was fun, Kim's belly is getting so big. Madison's talked to us and Toby kept jumping up to look too, to cute.


No comments: