Tuesday, September 08, 2009

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

It's that time again for another update.
Last update we were in Port Townsend, that was on 9/1, Wednesday we were at Mount Vernon Wa. at a very nice RV Park, where we stayed a few days. Thursday we took our car and got on the ferry for San Juan Islands/Friday Harbor. There were 6 of us and my car only seats 5 so guess who got to ride in the very back of the car, ME, they said it was because I was the youngest. We drove around the hole island, stopped and did site seeing, looked for whales but no luck there. Then we took the ferry over to Orcas Island. Didn't get back home until almost 9pm, very long day. Friday, we all got caught up with our laundry, just hung around. Linda and Doonie drove down from Bellingham to have an early dinner with us, it was also a surprise early birthday celebration for Linda. Saturday Lou and Sharon hit the road for Wenatchee, so now we are down to just 4 of us. Bob, Jackie, Dave and me. We also hit the road on Saturday to Okanogan, Wa. to the Fairgrounds there. It was a long driving day, just 2 lane roads, so we had to keep pulling over to let cars go by. We also made a lot of stops for site seeing and picture taking, it was a beautiful drive. Then on Sunday we hit the road again and ended up in Sandpoint Wa. staying in a Walmart parking lot. Yesterday, we drove around Canada and did site seeing, but before crossing the border I couldn't find my passport. I know I had put Dave's and my passport in my purse. The Canada border guy said as long as I had a drivers license I could come in but we were more worried about getting back into the U.S. Dave made a u-turn and we went and asked the U.S. Border guy and he said he can't stop me from coming back into the U.S. as long as I can prove I am a U.S. citizen. So we made a u-turn again and went into Canada. We toured around there and took a ferry ride, with the car across Kootenay Lake. We found this Broom Shop, which made the Brooms for the Harry Potter Movies. When coming back into the U.S. they only asked me where I was born, it was no problem getting back and when we got back to the RV there was my passport on the floor board right before you walk out the door. The problem was I hadn't zipped up my purse and the darn thing just fell out, we were just happy we found it.
Bob and Jackie have friends here in the area so we will be going and parking the RV's at their place today.

No comments: