Tuesday, September 29, 2009

End of the Trip Blog / New Pics

Before I forget, in my last blog I said I had posted 4 or 5 new pic albums under Jeri's Picture Albums, now I have posted new pics and video's of Madison under "Our Picture Albums". I guess my pic albums are full and Dave had purchased more space under Our Pics.
OK let's get the end of the trip blog done.
We arrived in Bakersfield on Thursday 9/17, and it took Madison only a short while to get use to us, after that she was always wanting me to pick her up. We made it a point to see her, Kim and Danny everyday, it was great. Anyway, Saturday morning Danny, Dave, Madison and I drove down to David Jr's, us, for David's 40th b/day party, Danny and Madison were going to Danny's folks. When we got to David's Madison needed to eat and take a nap so Dave and I borrowed Danny's (really Kim's) car. We drove over the 1000 Oaks to Mac's house to look at the Jeep they are selling. Dave drove around with it and then we left, we needed to talk before buying it, so we had asked Davey (Mac) to drive it to the party at David's that night. We decided to buy it for driving the back roads in Arizona but Davey showed up he had forgotten to drive it over, no big deal we would get it in the morning. David's party was a lot of fun, Pirate theme, Saturday the 19th was Pirate day??? Everyone had a good time anyway, check out the pics I posted, plus you have to see the cake Stephanie made, unbelievable, it looks just like a Pirate's treasure chest. Boy she does great work.
Sunday morning, Dave and David drove over to Davey's to get the jeep, and Danny & Madison came by to pick us up and to go out to breakfast with us. Well, the guys didn't come back, and didn't come back so we finally called. They couldn't get the jeep in reverse so they left and said they would check it out and get it fixed. It ended up being a loose bolt, the transmission was fine. They wanted to get the front end aligned(?) too, I think, I don't know Dave and the boys deal with all of that stuff. All I know is when we drive down in October for Dezira's 18th b/day party we are picking the jeep up then. We will end up towing it behind my car, not bringing the RV down for that short of trip. We will stay in Bakersfield and Simi while we are down from the 16th to the 19th.
When we got back Sunday, in the late afternoon, Kim had a nice weekend being able to sleep while all of us were gone. Danny needed to do some grocery shopping so when Kim left for work he came over to the coach and dropped Madison off, did his shopping at Smart & Final then came back and visited with us.
Monday morning was coach cleaning time, boy in a month that place sure was dirty, plus, since it was going into storage we really wanted to clean things up. In the afternoon Dave dropped me off at Kim's, after Madison's nap, so I could watch Madison and Kim could continue napping. Madison and I ran all over the house and played, when she gets really excited she has a really high pitched scream. I would cover her mouth, and tell her "no screaming" she would just smile and stay playing again. We had a good time and was really surprised that Kim never woke up once, lucky us.
Tuesday, we cleaned the basement of the coach, then an RV coach cleaning company came by and washed the whole outside of the coach and our awnings. Kim and I did some shopping in the afternoon.
Wednesday, the air conditioning people came by and put in our new bigger air conditioner. We went from a 13.5k to a 15k, what ever that means. I just know it cools the coach off a lot quicker. While that was being installed I had driven over the Kim's to hang with her and Madison until it was nap time for both. That night we all went out to dinner when Danny got off of work.
Dave and I got on the road before 6am on Thursday and were back in Cornville, AZ by 3:30pm. Long drive but we kept switching off every 2 to 3 hours. Once we got to the house we starting emptying out the coach. It was going to be going into storage at 1000 trails and we wanted everything out, hopefully we won't get any mice this time. By 5pm we drove it over to 1000 trails and decided to finish taking everything out on Friday, which we did.
Forgot to mention, on our way back to Arizona I got a call from my brother, Marty, and he just purchased a Travel Trailer, so he has joined the ranks as me, he will now be known as Trailer Trash, as our older brother, Mike, calls me. Sorry Mike, now you can tell your friends that you now have a younger brother and sister that are trailer trash, are you sure you don't want to join us?? :)
That gets me caught up from our trip, next blog is what has been going on since we got back to Cornville, boring I'm sure.
Tomorrow, 9/30, my brother,Mike, is having surgery, everything will be OK I know, but say a little prayer for him and say a BIG ONE for TRINI, his wife, she will need it while he is recovering. :)

No comments: