Sunday, June 28, 2009

They go in 3's or it seems like they do

Ed McMahon, expected, Farrah Fawcett, expected, Michael Jackson, what a shock!! The guy was really strange, in his later years, but to die so suddenly and take the shine off of Farrah, how rude! I heard that the BET is having some kind of awards tonight, which was already scheduled, and are really going to make a big deal out of Michael Jackson. My only question is "Michael is White now" what the hell do they care. JUST KIDDING :)

Recap of the last week in Cornville. We did the Pink Jeep Tour, what a thrill, I had no idea jeeps could climb rocks like that. I sat in the very back of the jeep and was told I had the best sit, it was very exciting. Watching those rocks and hills that the driver thought she could climb, and did, especially since she couldn't even see over the steering wheel(she was very short), was a lot of fun. I was totally amazed and surprised, it was so much fun. Actually, I wish we had done more climbing and less stopping and talking about the area, but that's what the company's do here and anywhere.

This last week we have been going to estate sales, garage sales, and store sales, We have gotten more decorations for the house at very cheap prices, which has been a lot of fun. I've posted more pictures of the house.

To go a long with our Wii games, this week, we got the Wii active which has been fun. Dave and I try and do it every afternoon, notice the word try? We compete with each other in the afternoon, which is a lot of fun. We go walking for an hour every morning, and I mean every morning. We started out going at 7am but since it is getting hotter here we are now going at 6am. Yesterday, for a change, we walked down Cornville Road, instead of the complexes neighborhood, and saw so much trash. Today we took our gloves and trash bags and walked the Cornville road again but this time we picked up trash as we went. We had people riding bikes thanking us, and a couple cars went by and put there thumbs up to us, which was nice that people acknowledged you, but they could have joined in!

It got to be 100 degrees today and we decided to take the last weed/tree out of our backyard. The other one we had I took out yesterday. My job was to cut it down and cut it up in little pieces and Dave would plant the new stuff we bought today at Home Depot. The weed/tree yesterday was very small, compared to the one today. I cut it all down but Dave's job was digging out the root, I helped a little, but it was one hell of a root. We started today's work around 1pm and finished up about 4:30pm, in between we took an hour nap. We got the new plants planted then headed for the clubhouse pool. The pool is kept at 85 degrees, so it wasn't much for cooling off, but once you got out the breeze really cooled you off.

One other thing that is in with the new house pictures, I posted, is a picture when we went back to check on our RV at 1000 Trails. As we were leaving I saw a very big snake, and Dave said it's a rattle snake, he got up close to try and take pictures. Needless to say, I will not be staying at that RV spot again.

We have 2 more days here in our house then we head back to Bakersfield, I have my hair done on 7/2, in Bakersfield, then I have to go to a wedding in the Simi area on the 3rd. Dave will have to fly out on the 3rd to go to his nephew's funeral in Paradise, Ca. Dave will fly back on the 4th to Burbank I will pick him up and drive back to Bakersfield. We will stay in Bakersfield until the 8th then back to Cornville Arizona.

Happy Birthday Shawn, a day early.

3 comments:

marisa said...

Ah thanks for the bday wish for Shawn. He's at work right now, but I'll be sure to pass on the wishes.

Berlyg said...

Why dont you stay at Brad and Diane's on the 4th instead of driving back and fourth?

Snake,oh hell no!!!!

Now, another famous guy has died. What is up with stars dying?

See ya soon

Jeri said...

Brad and Diane really don't have any room. We would have to sleep in their Class "C" and they only have 1 bathroom working in their house right now. Plus,we have to go back and feed Toby.
There have been 3 more that died, Billy Mays, Gale Storm(actress old) and Fred Travalena(Impressionist,man of a 1000 voices)
I don't know what the hell is going on???