Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back in Bakersfield

We got back to Bakersfield yesterday afternoon. We made it over to Kim and Danny's around 2:30pm, and I must tell you Miss Madison looks like she has been really growing. We had only been gone 8 days and she has changed while we were gone. Now I understand what Trini is talking about when she sees Inara every few months and the changes that have taken place.

Before I keep going on there are a few things I forgot to mention on the last blog. The one big thing was when Dave and I stopped at a Flying J for gas for the U-Haul I was driving he had radioed to me that he couldn't get out of the RV. He was on the truck side and I was filling up on the car side. By the time I was done filling up he had started taking the door apart, again, from the inside because he couldn't get out. After he got the panels off and sliced the shit out of his hand I tried the door on the outside, it opened right up. We don't know if he had fixed it before I got there, or if I maybe could have opened it up from the outside the whole time. Doesn't matter now because it opens up now. That was basically what I had forgotten to mention. You know how I love to tell the RV mishaps.

Before I forget, I posted some pictures of the house in Cornville, not very good that's for sure will post better ones next time.
By the way, Kim's ticket for talking on her cell phone was, I believe, $128 so don't get caught talking on your cell phone in California.

Dave and I have noticed that now being back in a house you tend to walk a lot more then being in a motor home. If you forgot something in the bedroom in the RV you only, at the most, took 10 steps to get it, but being in a house the rooms are quite a bit apart. We are not having any trouble getting out 10,000 steps in. We have even started walking every morning for 1 hour trying to get to know the area.
As you will see from the terrible pictures I posted of the house it is still pretty empty. We went to Ikea the other day and got a rug, end tables for the chairs and a table for behind the love seat. The dishes we bought, the plates are too wide for the cabinets so they are in a lower cabinet, everything else is in the higher cabinets. I must say there are so many cabinets and drawers in the kitchen that there is no way I can fill them all, most at this point are empty, but just give it time. It is so much fun having a dish washer again, and it's not named "Jeri", plus the shower and the King Bed is the best. Dave and I don't beat up each other, as we some times do in the Queen in the motor home, and that's just turning over while you sleep. Dave isn't now having to go though my "Hot Flashes" with me anymore.
One thing that worried me was when we got all the gym equipment put together and I used it the next morning. I'm on the treadmill and winded only after a few minutes, then Dave reminded me about the elevation, I was thinking what the hell was wrong with me.

We are here in Bakersfield and helping Kim and Danny get ready for Madison's B/Day party. They have been working really hard on fixing up the house, the new windows look great, plus all the touch up painting Danny has been doing. Danny has been doing all the outside stuff and Kim has been doing the inside stuff, it just really looks great. Thank goodness they have the 6 weeks off for the baby bonding otherwise they could never get this much stuff done.

No comments: