Saturday, December 06, 2008

IT IS FREEZING HERE IN BAKERSFIELD

Haven't written for awhile, what's that tell you, nothing much going on.

1st of all let me say "Happy Belated Birthday" to Trini Tomaselli, my sister-in-law, which was on December 1st. Sorry, I should have done an update then but that was the day I was going for a blood test and a mammogram and birthdays were not on my mind, sorry Trini. I'll say it now "Happy 64th B/Day"

On December 2nd our friend Linda Tibbitts, from St. George Utah, came by for a 2 day visit. She is the one we just went and saw in St. George for her husbands funeral. I give her so much credit for travelling around in her 40 foot motor home towing her vehicle by herself. She and Larry had planned on being gone for the Christmas Holidays once they purchased the house in St. George, so she didn't change any of the plans. She will be back in Bakersfield sometime in January before she heads back to St. George, she is one hell of a woman. While she was here we went over to Kim's for dinner so she could see Kim and Miss Madison again. Danny had school stuff that night so she didn't get to see him.

Linda got back on the road on Thursday, December 4th, and made it to Chico in just under 8 hours, she did very well. Oh, forgot to mention, while she was here we went to the movies. We saw "Australia" really good movie, the little boy is the hit of the show, what a doll.

I even managed to go to the dentist on Thursday, everything OK, so getting all the doctors appointments taken care of, all except one, maybe one day.

That's about it for an update, except it is freezing here in Bakersfield. What the hell is this 40 and 50 degree shit? I swear if it rains we are going to have snow, I need the sun. :)

1 comment:

marisa said...

40-50 degrees? That's cold? Just put on a light jacket and you'll be fine. I was really cold for the first time the other night when it hit single digits. I just added an extra blanket at night and it was fine though. Besides, what's wrong with some snow?