Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday, July 26th, tomorrow we leave and just about all the work is done. Some grout work still needs to be done and the shower doors don't come in until next Monday, July 31st, plus I'm sure you all are tired of reading about Bakersfield.
It's a sad time and a glad time, Sad because we are leaving Chelsea, Toby, Danny and Kim, just kidding just kidding, I should have said Kim, Danny, Chelsea and Toby ha ha. Glad because we don't have to do or spend anymore money on construction. Another sad thing is the bandaid shares should start going down now that Dave isn't doing anymore construction work, if you could see his hands you would know what I'm talking about. He barely has any skin left on them plus the arms and legs are marked up too.
Let me do my last construction update since last Thursday. Friday the handyman was here again all day, he was working by himself, his helpers had the day off. Dave and I went to Danny's work which is at Grimmway and got to see Danny's Office (trailer) and had a tour of the factory. Very interesting to watch the process of processing carrots, they use 5 million gallons of water a day and they are open 24/7. We got to watch from the beginning when they bring in the carrots from the fields to when they are packaged. To long a process to go thru but I'll tell you it was really something to see. Just couldn't understand why every part of the factory we went in smelled of carrots, just kidding. I think they have something like 1500 employees in this facility but they have factories all over, they could automate more stuff and have less employees but the Grimmway family didn't want to do this, they want to be people friendly and not just have machines working for them.
Saturday we worked around the house again, Kim was working at Red Robin so we went there for lunch. (Dave, Danny and I) Saturday night we went to the races and the temperture was about 100 degrees and it was starting to rain, weird weather.
Sunday morning, before Dave and I had to go back to Kim's, we went to the famous "Buck Owen's" for breakfast, then Kim and Danny drove down to Danny's parents house. The weather got up to 113 and I was up in the garage rafters at Kim's vacuuming them to get all the dirt, cob webs, and spider webs cleared away, we wanted to put stuff away in the rafters and it was pretty dirty up there. Dave was in the house working on the closet organizers, touch up ect. Kim calls from down south and said the weather down there wasn't hot at all, just what we needed to hear. We left about 4 pm and went back to the motorhome and the air conditioning wasn't working right, Dave worked on it but it was f_ _ _ ing hot so we ended up driving back to Kim's and cooking dinner there. Kim and Danny got back and joined us, when we went back home at 9 pm everything was working again, I guess with the air running all day it just pooped out at 5 pm.
Monday the handyman and his 2 helpers showed up at 7 am and were finally finished at about 7:30 pm, so paint and baseboards were done. Tuesday morning Kim and I went to get my nails put back on, I missed them to much, plus after all of this work I wanted to treat myself. Let's hope they don't get in the way this time in the motorhome because that's why Dave wanted me to take them off last time, I couldn't help much with the work around the motorhome. He has taken it apart so much already he shouldn't have to do it anymore or at least not need my help.
Oh forgot to mention, the air conditioning hasn't been working any good in my car with as hot as it has been so we decided to take it to Firestone on Monday afternoon to get a full work over. They thought they fixed the air but they didn't so we took it to the GMC dealership on Tuesday afternoon. This a.m. we talked to the dealer and it needs some new part that they have to order but it is still covered under the warranty and the part may come in tomorrow, we said "no way" we are leaving tomorrow. Dave found a GMC dealership in Gilroy, that said they would order the part and we could drop off the car when we get there tomorrow and they will have it all fixed by Friday, boy did we get lucky on that one. Tonight for our going away dinner we are going to Tahoe Joe's, a Famous Steakhouse here, Tracy, Kim's best friend, is suppose to be driving up here and going with us then spending the night and hanging with Kim tomorrow because she doesn't have any work or school.
I think that's about it for now, next time I write we should be up in Gilroy at the Garlic Festival.
Bye for now.

No comments: