Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday now, July 20th, it's only about 105 degrees here in Bakersfield and I'm sitting in the house with the dogs and the painters. Dave is off to Lowes again for about the 500th time. This house is just sucking up the paint, each room is taking 2 coats or more, I'll we can figure out is maybe it is just so hot here and it is drying too fast, we have the air on but it doesn't help I guess. Dave got one coat painted in the master bathroom but it needs another one and he just can't seem to get back to it, so I guess he is having the handyman finish that job. Plus, he won't like me saying this but, it is getting near the end of the job, like one more coat of paint and he gets burnt out on the job. Danny got the rest of the shower grouted this morning before he left for work, now all that's left is half the bathroom wall to be grouted. Shower door should be in hopefully some time next week, the handyman is putting up the new closet doors and putting together the closet organizer then Kim and Danny should be set to go. There are 2 more rooms to paint, which should all be done tomorrow, then on Monday they will put in the baseboards thru out the house then this project is done. I can't remember it I mentioned it but Saturday the new front doors are getting installed. Boy, talk about cutting this close we leave next Thursday and everything should be done by then, we hope. Either way we are gone, I know we could find a hell of a lot more projects to do around here, but the money pit has drained us for now, every thing else will have to wait.
Danny's sister had her baby on Monday, a boy which they knew, 8 lbs I believe, so Kim and Danny are driving down on Sunday to go see him. Dave and I are staying home and making our trip plans and reservations, I guess the trip after Gilroy will be Washington State, then to Oregon the end of August.
Tomorrow we are getting a tour of where Danny works, Grimway, well let you all know how that turns out.
Bye for now

1 comment:

IT Dave said...

Your right I am burned out. Every time I fix one thing somthing else needs to be fixed or there need to be another run to Lowes for supplies.