Monday, September 06, 2010

Health update and catch up time

In case you didn't see my post on Facebook, we have finally discovered that I have hyperparathyroidism. Kim is calling the doctor's office in the morning, Tuesday, to see when I have to check in to the hospital. We believe I'll go in Tuesday and have surgery on Wednesday to take the tumor (99% are non Cancerous) out of the right side of my neck. We just all want to talk to the surgeon, because everyone has 4 parathyroids, is he just taking out the one or ones with the tumor or taking all 4. Everything is just moving so fast, I just had the scan on Thursday and they told me my doctor wouldn't get the results for 3 to 5 days. Friday, late afternoon, the doctor's assistant calls and said the doctor wants to admit me into the hospital. What, it's a holiday weekend, that's when Kim took over the phone conversation. She knows the doctor and told them to have the doctor call her back, which he did. She wanted to know the name of the surgeon, which it turns out she had never heard of him before. She checked around with her coworkers and found out that the surgeon is good and I will be taken good care of. She even told the doctor what floor to put me on and she contacted that floor and informed them that her Mom was coming in on Tuesday and they had to take care of me. Dave did some research on this disease and discovered that it is related to, in some way, to prostate cancer. Since all my brothers had prostate cancer, and girls don't have prostates, I guess that's why I got this disease. As my brother, Mike, said "Deep Throat", asshole. Anyway, will keep everyone informed on the outcome.
Recap time, I'll try and keep it short.
We got back to Bakersfield on August 18th, the kids 3rd anniversary and surprised everyone. Madison was a bit shy but it didn't take long for her to start running around and wanting Nana to chase her. On 8/22 was a tea party baby shower for Kim put on by a few of her friends. On Monday 8/23 Dave and I borrowed Kim's car and drove to our house in Arizona. We were in need of some paperwork there and it couldn't wait until we go back in October. Dave found the paperwork in 15 min. but it didn't matter because we were staying until Thursday, no matter what. When we came back on Thursday I went with Kim to pick up Madison from school then back to the RV Park for swimming. On 8/28 we all drove down to North Hollywood for another baby shower for Kim that Danny's sister and Mom threw for her.
This holiday weekend the RV Park had a special, pay for 2 nights and get the 3rd night free. They were having all kinds of activities going on so we thought it would be fun if Danny brought the trailer over and they could camp out for 3 days. Good thing they did because Dave discovered that slide on the trailer wasn't coming out all the way. We had a fun 3 days, Madison got a lot of swimming in and played with other kids and even sat outside and watched a movie the park put on. It sure turned out to be an expensive weekend for them, we walked across the street to a car dealership and they ended up buying a Cadillac Escalade ESV. It's bigger then the Ford they turned in so now they have enough room for 4 kids and strollers. It is a nice car, loaded, even has TV screens on the back of the head rests. Might have to borrow it when we go to San Francisco. jk
This morning Danny towed the trailer back to the dealership to have them fix it. Hung out at Kim's did laundry and now back home at the RV Park.
Caught up again, pretty short and sweet for a long time not posting. Kim has 9 days to go, let's hope she can hang in there.

No comments: