Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Catching Hell

I knew I was way behind in posting, like I said in another blog this Facebook stuff is killing me on posting my blog. My brother, Mike, emailed me and asked if I was still hanging out in Cornville because I haven't posted for so long. He must not look at Facebook everyday because I am always making comments on that, especially from his daughter, my niece, Marisa. It seems like we have been so busy since we left Cornville way back in December.
OK RECAP TIME!!!!

We left in December and went to Redlands, Ca. to have the RV worked on and stayed with Mike and Trini for a night. After that we drove to Simi Valley and stayed 1 night at the side of David Jr.'s house before our cruise. David, Jodi and Riley took us to our cruise ship and we were off for a 7 day cruise to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. The weather and cruise were great, started getting a tan again but then lost it once we got back to Calif. When we got back we stayed a couple more days in Simi. We had an early xmas with the grand daughters, except Madison, and met up with our financial advisor. Got to see Brad, Diane, and Joann while we were down in Simi too which was very nice.
The Monday before xmas we went to Bakersfield. Madison was not a happy camper to see us, all she did was cry and cry. Kim finally said, "Mom just take her" which I did and within a few minutes I had her smiling. Boy, not seeing her for 3 months was way too long. That's not happening again!!!
Dave fixed xmas dinner and Danny's family came up which was really nice to see all of them again. I got to babysit a couple days while we were there and Madison has really changed, boy did she keep me busy. We then left on Dec. 29th with Bob and Jackie, who were also in Bakersfield having xmas with their son and family, in their motor home, and headed for Sam's Town, in Las Vegas, for New Year's. Jackie's sister and brother-in-law also joined us at Sam's Town. While there we went and saw Avatar in 3D Imax, what a great movie.
We all left Vegas on January 2nd, Jackie's sister went back home and Bob, Jackie, Dave and I went straight to Cornville. We got home Saturday night, Bob and Jackie stayed at the house, we just parked both RV's out front, then on Sunday they went to Crazy Horse State Park, where they stayed until today when they left for Tempe.
While Bob and Jackie were here we did site seeing just about everyday, it was a lot fun. Dave and I saw things we hadn't even seen yet, it was great.
We head out tomorrow for Tempe and will meet up with them again at the Elks Lodge and see Jackie's sister again. Then we are all going to Quartsite for the big RV Show. Should be back home in Cornville by January 26th.
By the way, I have lots of pictures to post to my blog, but since we are leaving again, I can't do it until we get back at the end of Jan. or even after we get back from Bakersfield. Boy, I just want to stay home and get back into a routine again.

3 comments:

marisa said...

Then why don't you? It seems like you guys aren't home for more than a few days a month. I thought you were broke too? Can't be too broke with all your trips and cruises? By the way, are you sending Kim and Danny to Hawaii? (Kim, I'm trying for ya sister. Haha.) Can't wait to see new pics of Mady. Love you guys.

Jeri said...

We will sit home starting February 6th, Dec. and Jan. were just crazy months. We are broke that's why we are going to Quartsite to look into getting jobs this summer. Plus, when we sit home Dave starts getting bored and spends $ on home improvement stuff or building stuff. NO, I am not sending Kim and Danny to paradise.

Jeri said...

2 corrections

Dead Horse State Park

Quartzsite