Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday February 13, 2007 we are now in Lakehills, Texas. We are official “Trailer Trash” now, after leaving Gila Bend, AZ at 6:30 a.m. we finally stopped at Fort Stockton Texas at 8:00 p.m. and spent the night at our 1st Wal-Mart, with about 7 other campers. We did gain an hour so we didn’t really drive for 13 ½ hours just 12 ½. I know we aren’t supposed to do things like this but we were trying to cut down our driving time on Monday because of Dave’s work. I did do some driving maybe 1 ½ hours, if that, it wasn’t much but enough of a break for Dave, he said. The week we were in Gila Bend was almost in the 80 degree range every day, on Sunday, when we left, they were supposed to get rain. At least for a week I got to work on my tan, but now here in Lakehills, which is about 30 miles outside of San Antonio, the weather is suppose to be in the 40’s and 50’s, so there goes that tan. Before I forget I have to tell you driving across Hwy 10, once in Texas, we have never seen so many cars and trucks being pulled by other cars and trucks. Dave came up with, only ½ of the vehicles in Texas run because the other ½ are being pulled. (ha ha)
Anyway, we are at “Thousand Trails” Medina Lake Preserve very large park, 260 acres and we are parked close to the Lake. Big lake but not much water in it, I guess they are hurting here for rain and you can tell by how low the lake is. The park here is a deer sanctuary I think, the place is covered with deer and Valentine could care less. She looks at them and they really stare at her but she is more interested in looking for lizards and squirrels, I’ll get pictures and post on the website later. We haven’t been taking any pictures lately, so it’s about time we get started again, I should have started with the State Signs like New Mexico, Texas, but we drove by too fast oh well.
We will be here for 2 weeks, will write more later.

No comments: