Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's been 2 weeks now of construction and things seemed to have slowed down. I guess that always happens because now we are waiting for the contractors to show up and do their thing. Of course the contractors that we hired work their normal day jobs and can only either work a couple hours a day or can only work weekends. The electrician will finish today, Tuesday, then this weekend the drywaller will show up to do his thing. Plus, Danny's brother in law will be here this weekend to start on the tile work for the shower and bathroom. Danny finished the grout work on the entry way at the front door last night.

Last Sunday was Father's day, for those of you who are Fathers, Happy belated Father's Day. Saturday Dave had a massage, a gift from Kim and David Jr. then we went to Bakersfield Speedway for car racing. It was on a 1/3 mile high banked clay oval track, it was a lot of fun but boy was it dirty. There were American Stocks, Mini Stocks, Jr. Mini Stocks and Late Models, needless to say, on that kind of track you don't sit near the fence, dirt and hard chucks of mud are flying when they are going around the track. They keep watering down the track which helps but the second to the last race we were covered in dirt. You had to keep your glasses on just to be able to see anything, because of the dirt in your eyes, my black purse was white when we left. The bleachers are cement slabs so needless to say next time we need to bring folding chairs, my ass is still sore even with all the padding I have.

Last Wednesday, June 14th, we had to drive to Chatsworth because my last employer was trying to say I didn't qualify for unemployment because I said I was going to stop working, fulltime, as of the end of April so they fired me as of March 15th. Unemployment didn't agree with them but agreed to a court hearing, well needless to say they didn't show up, again, just like they didn't show up for the hearing about the vacation time they are trying to screw me out of. That court date, with the Labor Board defending me is in July, boy are they stupid, you don't want to mess with the labor board.

Been having trouble with the email, hopefully Dave has it fixed now, so use jeri@altonsystems.com but I guess when I send an email it shows jerialton@altonsys.net either one should work.

That's it for now, will write again next week, miss everyone, please keep in touch.

No comments: